23 September 2014

this is your racing heart–

can you feel it?
can you feel it?


I guess from the looks of this blog, it is easy to fathom that I am a huge fan of Bastille. Dan Smith's words are just so poetic, and evokes such vivid imagery they send chills down my spine ever since I first heard them. Right from the moment I first heard Icarus from a Robb Stark playlist on tumblr, I know I'm hooked. And I'm hooked for good. It doesn't help that I keep thinking of House Stark in most of their songs – Sansa and Bran in Daniel in the Den, Jon and Arya reuniting in Laughter Lines, for example.

But aside from the Stark-ness of the songs, Bastille's music is smack dab in the middle of what I like – just enough headbanging beats, strings, allusion to a little folk, a mix of rock, alternative, and mellow, evocative vocals, and just really brilliant lyricism. 

So I am not exaggerating when I say I hyperventilated and teared up, really teared up, when I saw this on my feed last week. I never thought the band would pay attention to the Philippines this soon. I could only dream back then.

Now it's going to happen sooner than I ever hoped for.

I am ecstatic, to say the least.


I CAN SO FEEL IT. WE CAN SO FEEL IT. GOD. DAMN.