24 August 2013

Untitled [09]

During the dinner last night with office mates and a previous intern, it occurred to me how the Rappler article on "Birth Order Personality" proves to be true in my case even out of the family setting. One of the office mates I was with, who was older than me by a handful of years, noticed how I somehow took charge of settling us in at the table. She said that in her group of friends, she is the one being taken care of, so it came naturally to her to let other people mind things. As she noticed it, I suddenly realized that I actually do the thing almost always automatically, even if there are people who are older than me. I guess my "psychological birth order" really does hold true for me in most settings. Of course, in the rare occasion that people other than me take charge, I relish it while it lasts. It's why I always dream of having an ate or a kuya à la Lee Pace as Aaron Tyler in Wonderfalls.  Haha.