12 May 2013

Naglahong lugami at hapo

It's pretty absurd how I felt so tired and let down this past couple of days, the past week even. But it was amazing how a dinner and a catch-up with a friend you haven't seen for the past half year would make all the sore feelings, physical and emotional, go away.

I had been feeling tired having begun my day early in the morning last Saturday, spending the afternoon trying to accommodate people's demands and whims. Disappointment and fatigue just took me over by turns that I felt so damn frustrated and angry towards the people I know I'm supposed to be caring and forgiving towards. But that day, I just felt so irrationally sad. I think I'm being overly sensitive now because I have been too compromising for so long.

Satisfying the craving for fries and ice cream didn't even help. Luckily, a couple of friends had that night free when I asked them. When I try to wrap my head around the time we have been friends, I am amazed to realize that we've known each other for barely three years, and one of them I haven't seen for the last six months. But that night, we had steaks and salmon at this new diner we tried, and over tea, we took our sweet time of catching-up with each other's lives. That day went from being so thoroughly draining and frustrating to being immensely nostalgic and gratifying.

No comments :