03 March 2013

Ticksy little timeses

It seemed like only yesterday that I submitted my 30-day notice of resignation at the company I was working at. My eight-or-more-hour days at a desk are over. Tomorrow, I will be working at a new place, up for a challenge I might have told myself and people who'd care to listen that I wanted to do. But  now I am not sure if I actually have what this takes at all. I'm worried to the core about my abilities (or lack thereof) to really do the field work I will be made to do, to interact with people I barely know, to be entrepreneurial in the angles I will work on, to actually write my own stories.

It's probably a little too early yet to think this. I guess, I'll just have to muster all the courage I have and be prepared for the tasks I will be set to do. It will be an entirely new environment--I am scared, as always, about new beginnings, apprehensive towards people's expectations about me, wary about getting my hopes too high but excited for new things I will learn.

Just like the end of the previous phase of my life, this uncertainty will be over before I know it. At least, I hope so.