24 September 2012

A debut party for twins

My aunts and uncles chided me because I opted not to bring Kazu to take photos of the debut party of my lovely twin cousins last Saturday. I didn't want to embarrass myself by bringing the camera and not taking photos worthy of being taken by such a camera. Haha. So I made do with my tito's pink point-and-shoot one. Hehe.




I thought the twins, who both have Bea in their names, truly deserved such a celebration--both are talented, God-fearing, dutiful daughters and good girls. And I'm glad I decided to come. Not only did I become a witness of the celebration of their 18 colorful years, but the event was fun because most of our other cousins were there, too. Raucous boys they always were, it was fun being in their midst again--just like when we were kids. 


Instead of the traditional 18 candles or wine, they had 18 chocolates and 18 shoes and dresses. If I would actually care to have had such a celebration for myself, I would have requested guests to give 18 books instead. My sister said, "I'd rather have them give me 18 gadgets." My other sister supplied, "I want 18 merch--albums, posters, and concert tickets." Haha.


And there were lots of pastries made by my aunt, the mother of the debutantes herself. You can never have too much blueberry cheesecake, butterscotch and chocolate tarts in life, you know. 

No comments :