18 May 2012

The Budoy Boot Camp :))

A few days I ago I had finally sent my letter of resignation, the effectivity of which will be a month after the official receipt of the letter. I convinced myself that it's time to leave my comfort zone, professionally speaking, and set out to search for a career that I have devoted my years of college education for.

Last night, though, I got a taste of what I am bound to let go and move on from.  Because of some technical glitches, the office had to suspend the operations. We instead made use of the time for teambuilding activities and meetings to bring up concerns and come up with solutions collectively.

After these, we had a rather rowdy dinner together at a diner near the office. When I ordered my third serving of rice, they were sort of scandalized with the fact that I eat so much. I've been telling them again and again that I can eat quite a lot often and when I want to, and they never believed me. Back at the office, everybody got rowdier still as we all tried to go artistic with the craft materials bought to decorate the team's bulletin board. Probably because it's so rare to have so many of us together in the office, we made fun of the most trivial things. Someone was even sabog more than normal, and that's saying something.

After we left the office, we were in for another night-out filled to the brim with random anecdotes (including "Alamat ng KnL and other stories") and even crude jokes. If I hadn't been with these people for the past two years, I would've been terribly culture-shocked, but as it goes, such cacophony and jests only made the night more interesting for me. I love observing how different people can be when they've had their dose of alcohol, or when they're given free rein of the karaoke's mircophone.

I got home with my head filled with the events of the night, grateful for the chance to be in a company of such diverse and funny (and some awesome) people. Absurdly, I began to ask myself and wonder why I had to leave anyway.