01 December 2011

Birthdays and milk tea mania

November had been nothing short of busy and fun.



My 111111 was made of pink roses, cramped morning train, opening of team mate's tea shop, lunch and milk tea, word factory, sabaw jeep conversations, media laws, homelessness, heart-to-heart talks, high school sort-of reunion at a friend's birthday celebration, videoke until dawn, taking about ten "last shots" and laughing with friends 'til our tummies ache.



The celebration for my birthday was two days early. The high school barkada was present of course. And my team mates came all the way from the office, too. Crazy, fun night--filled with food, endless kwentuhan, and one-to-sawa videoke. I have amazing friends and family to celebrate birthdays with.


On the day of my birthday, I welcomed Kazunari (Kazu/Kaz for short) in my life. I wanted to name him with another three-letter name like Sho (as in Sakurai Sho). I thought of Jun (as in Matsumoto Jun) and Roy (as in Roy Mustang). But I decided I'd just name my car Roy if ever I'd have one. :))

Obligatory test shots. :))


I also began to venture into the world of photography with my Photojournalism class, under the Chief Photographer of EPA, no less. I am so excited to learn more about the craft from him.

In a cosplay convention, my friend and I met up with a couple of the acquaintances we made around 2009 through an online community for anime fans. Because I kind of coaxed one of them, he said he'll treat me because it was my birthday. It was kind of awkward at first because we were just online buddies, but he called it epic (it was his first cosplay at the said famous convention) and was thankful anyway. So I guess it was just fine.


I have also been helping one of my team mates accomplish her photo portofolio homework for a workshop she's been attending. We've been to various "locations" and I guess it's a good practice for photography, too.


After one shoot, we headed to the office where a cake for us November birthday celebrants was prepared. My birthday had been extended for so long already, but who am I to complain. Teehee.


After another such shoot, we met up with a couple of other team mates for a late lunch at a Persian diner and had milk tea afterwards before we set off for work later that afternoon. It was such a chill get-together that we decided we should do more of it.

No comments :