02 July 2012

La derniere jour du juin


Last Saturday night was my last day in the part-time job I've had for a little more than two years. And good bye's were said to the team mates I've had for so long.

Truth be told, I'm not much of a presence in such a company of raucous and often-conflicting personalities. The dynamics of the team was like the Internet connection at the office--kailangang pagtiyagaan, minsan hindi okay, minsan naman maayos at nakikisama, minsan "Tara, TK!"

Despite the effort of keeping a professional distance, I couldn't take those two years of togetherness lightly, especially since I used to be with them almost every night. I'd definitely miss those evenings of stress, WTF moments, snideness and conspiracies, stories, laughter, and huge appetite for pizza (or any kind of food for that matter). I'll miss the sharing/common pool of tons of movies and series, and those late-night Maginahawa St. escapades for our dose of milk tea, among other gustatory cravings.

It was the first work I've ever had and despite it being more of a routinary job, I have learned a lot--both from the work itself and beyond. I got to meet people who became my friends, and I hope would remain my good friends even after I have left.

No comments :