23 April 2011

Because I love Nodame and her friends like that

I think my intent to create a separate blog where I could write my views on the (mostly Asian) films I have been watching is an offshoot of the past semester that was. I also wish to apply what I have learned from the three film electives I have taken. My fascination for movies seriously took shape only after taking these classes, and I feel like a changed man. HAHA.

I want to make the first entry special, so I decided to re-watch the entire Nodame Cantabile series, so I could write objectively about the The Final Movement parts II and II. I really don't know how many times I've watched random episodes, this series being one of my two all-time favorites. But I think this is the first time I watched it from the beginning.

This time, I think I was paying more attention to the music rather than the plot, and maybe on the transition rather than the acting (maybe because I already know by heart how amazing everyone in this series was haha). Maybe I'm just way too biased but I can't seem to find a fault--the fact that its approach is over-the-top is what makes it effective.

I tried watching it with double the normal speed, but it felt like I was disrespecting the artistic endeavors that made Nodame Cantabile what it is. <3